Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hello from our 49th State...

Greetings all, as I write from Anchorage, Alaska.  I'm here with the USD Hoops team getting ready for the Great Alaska Shootout, which for me begins tomorrow night (first game v. Oklahoma, 10:45 on XX1090).

We landed last night to a mixture of freezing rain and snow, but had a mostly uneventful flight after our first leg, landed us in Seattle.  I think we caught a break weather wise, landing in 35 degree temperatures, as opposed to 8 as had been forecast.

When the sun came up this morning, today it rose at 9:55am, I could get a sense of how beautiful a place this is.  Low clouds, snow capped mountains and a regular suburban type feel to the houses and wide open spaces.  I'll try to include some photos at some point, and I'll let you know where to view them.

Heading off to practice to watch the team prepare for tomorrow night's first game.  Don't forget to stay up late with me, as I'll have the call starting with the Pre-Game show at 10:30pm, and then the game as the Toreros face the Oklahoma Sooners at 10:45pm on XX1090 and www.usdtoreros.com.

Padres news and notes...
All seems pretty quiet on the Padres front ahead of the baseball winter meetings in Indianapolis starting in a couple of weeks.  Lots of rumors about teams interested in Adrian Gonzalez, and of course Jed Hoyer's former team the Boston Red Sox figure prominently in most of the talk.  I'm still not completely convinced that Adrian will be dealt.  It's sometimes a good idea, even for later in the season, to find out what teams are willing to offer at this point, and have that in mind when the trade deadline comes in July.  I'll keep an eye on things and let you know what I hear.

Season ticket sales are up for the Padres, based on a few things, a 12 game improvement last year from the 2008 finish, and new lower prices.  My buddy Corey Brock has an interesting story about a couple of season ticket holders and their thoughts...check it out by clicking here...

MVP...
Albert Pujols is the unanimous choice for NL MVP...who else could it really have been?

More later...

Andy

1 comment:

  1. Try the Moose's Tooth while you are there.

    Good microbrewery beer and great food.

    ReplyDelete